Monday, April 19, 2010

New England


On the way to Boston two weeks ago, I stopped in Arlington when I saw this house on an overcast misty day. The windows jumped out at me - this house is SO New England I had to stop and photograph it. It is all about the windows. It is an historic structure - The Jason Russell House. There were two signs out front with conflicting dates, but I think this was built in 1680, and it was the site of the bloodiest fighting between the minutemen and the redcoats on April 19, 1775 - the first day of the American Revolution. Aren't you glad you read this blog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad. Wonderful photographs and history lessons too. Strange coincidence - I drove past this house today (though it's the 20th). I've been checking out your blog since Joan mentioned it to me a few weeks ago (Skip never told me about it). Enjoying every one. Polly

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Polly: Thanks for your really nice comments! I am so glad you are finding the photographs enjoyable. I will work harder knowing you are watching!