Friday, April 23, 2010

Whitestone


I got some leftovers. Some from NYC a week ago, and some from this past weekend. Better stuff than I could shoot around here, because I have been working on cleaning out the garage. Not many photos in there. (Whoops, I am sure that if I applied myself in the garage I could actually find a shot there! There's a challenge for me. I will work on that. Never say never.) Anyhow, crawling in traffic I saw this last Sunday as I approached the Whitestone Bridge. The cross is pretty cool, but it needed both the late afternoon sun, and the dark clouds behind it. Pretty dramatic I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ken, for all of the beautiful images you share!!!! Would you mind sharing the types of cameras you use?

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for the nice comments on my photographs! I have a Nikon D-300, an inexpensive SONY alpha 200, which is lightweight, and I don't worry leaving it in the car all the time, and lastly, but most recent, I have a Canon S-90 which is a very sophisticated point-and-shoot, that shoots RAW files. That is the camera that I used for this grab shot from the car. You would be amazed at how good the quality is with this small Canon camera. I wear it on my belt in a pouch - it is always with me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info. There are so many options, it's difficult to choose, always better to get the opinion of a professional.
P.S. I'm betting you'll find something to shoot in your garage.