Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Have No Idea...


On the way to Boston, we stopped at a McDonalds for ice cream cones. I saw these planters, and they got my attention, for some reason, but I didn't stop to shoot them. Got my ice cream cone, and went back to the car, and then got the camera. Something about these things held me. They are painted these bright colors, I believe, less for advertising purposes, but as a method of marking the parking lanes. But there is something that feels just a bit looney to have the bright colors on a structure that contains a tree. I still don't know why it is that these things seem weird. You can all decide, and tell me!

7 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Just house planters that McDonalds Supersized

Anonymous said...

very clever, photodude!

Anonymous said...

I like the "supersize" comment. Like the trees but the planters are too much for me!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Mr. Spencer,
We represent McDonald's Corporation and wish to inform you that you have taken unauthorized pictures on private property of our brand. Posting them on this blog has opened our brand to criticism, which is unacceptable. Please remove this photo immediately, or we will be forced to take legal action against you for violating copyright laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
McDonald's Legal Team
Chicago, Ill.

Anonymous said...

McPlanters?

Anonymous said...

ken, looks like you have fans in Chicago. Question is if all the responses were positive would they still send a shot across the bow ? Next time stand off the property and use a long distance lens ha ha,

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that McDonald's owned the parking lot on this interstate...interesting. Talk about supersize!