Sunday, September 26, 2010

Eeek! A Mouse!



I was next door today helping Judy paint her house, when suddenly we noticed this tiny mouse on the sidewalk. It could barely stand upright. Judy thought that it must be a baby, because its head was larger than its body. It would struggle to walk for a bit, then fall over, then get back up and continue on. then just stop and wait. I ran home and got my Nikon with the closeup lens and started taking pictures. It was easy to photograph because it didn't move much. When I was done, we put it in the bushes, where it originally came out of. After a while it came back out and was walking around. We put it back in the bushes, and it came back out again. I guess it was learning to stretch its legs and see the world. It was so small that I needed to have a sense of scale, so I put my foot next to the mouse so you can see how tiny it is.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

2 weeks from now the baby will be a parent. Your cats are falling asleep on the job.

Ken Spencer said...

Mike: You are FUNNY! That comment cracked me up! In fact the cats are indoor cats, both in our house, and in the house next door, where I was painting. So as long as the mice stay outside, there is no need for the cats to be working.