Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Comes To The Harbor


We have been in the middle of a pretty good storm for the last 24 hours. The wind is howling and we had heavy rain. So naturally I went down to the harbor to photograph the giant waves and whatever else I found. Strange thing, the wind was out of the southwest, which is the bottom end of Hempstead Harbor, so there were no waves to speak of. We only get the huge waves when the wind is blowing from the northwest, and the water is blown into the harbor. Anyhow, that was a disappointment. So I started looking for other pictures. This is more subtle, and doesn't relate to the the storm in any way. It is just some fall leaves that have turned early, and were blown in to a backwater, with the beach grasses. I love the contrast in colors here. It doesn't hurt that the blue sky is reflected in the water as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful -- reminds me of a Monet painting.