Friday, October 1, 2010

Back To The Beach


I didn't actually go back to the beach - it was just a way of saying that I took more than one photo the other day, and I am going to post this one today. This is Jones Beach, and I am sure that for most people, it conjures up images of wall to wall blankets on hot summer days, with hardly enough room to walk around. So imagine my surprise when I looked at the beach the other day and saw this. I mean, I knew it would be empty, but somehow I was surprised at how empty. But it was this shack that grabbed me. I think they sell ice cream here during the summer. I was amazed at how different the entire beach was - it was so empty that I felt as if I was at Kitty Hawk, expecting the Wright Brothers to emerge and prepare one of their Flyer aircraft for a launch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a winter day. Nice photo.
Joan