Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halloween at Church


After church today we went over to the church office, and I was surprised to find these wonderful figures arranged along the sidewalk next to the building! A bit early for Halloween, of course. What really tickles me is that all the hard working garden volunteers who keep the flowers looking so pretty all year long, have added these decorations for the first time. Another example of adding some color to our lives to make the world better. You might think that this photo looks a bit strange. You would be right. It is the second time I used the High Dynamic Range software to reduce the high contrast of the scene, and to increase the saturation of the colors. I hope you don't mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors are...rather brilliant.

Ken Spencer said...

Ummm... Yes they definitely are. I used the HDR software to soften the contrasts between light and shadow, and it adds saturation to the whole image, making it somewhat unreal. I decided to leave the saturation level higher. Hate to say that it makes the photograph more interesting that way... :-(

Anonymous said...

Can we see what it looks like untouched?