Sunday, October 3, 2010

Burning The Candle at Both Ends



Crazy day yesterday. Sorry I didn't post last night. I went to get my haircut at Lucia's home and there was the smell of smoke in the air as I came around the back of the house to enter her salon. I could see smoke, but was't sure what was going on. When I asked her about this, she said she was smoking peppers in this wood burning oven. There is one log in the burner, and the temperature is about 200 degrees. The peppers, by the way, will later be dried in the sun. I examined the oven after my haircut, and was amazed at how beautiful these peppers looked through the window of the oven which had condensation on it. I photographed the peppers, and then backed up and did this photograph of the oven. It seems like a lovely backyard landscape - the plants, and the oven and the smoke. Then I came home, and after dinner went observing an hour and a half away out in Southold, and didn't get home until 3 AM. Then got up this morning and headed for the city to have lunch with visiting relatives! Whew!

No comments: