Friday, October 15, 2010

Quiz


What is the most interesting part of this photograph? I saw this leaf in the back yard this afternoon, and was taken with the colors. Usually I see leaves when they are either green, or yellow (or maybe red, depending on the tree) But this leaf looks as if it came down before its time, and that's what attracted me to it. Now, the next question was, what kind of background was I going to use. It was laying in the grass which was green, and so the leaf kind of faded into the background. I thought of the brick walk, as well as the dark mulch in the flower beds. Then I thought of the blacktop driveway. I wished the blacktop was a darker black. THEN it occurred to me - I took the garden hose and wet down a patch of blacktop, which made it jet black, and it held the leaf in place when I put it down, because the wind was howling around here all day. So my answer to the quiz is, the background is the most interesting part of the photo. Your answer may be different, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My eyes immediately went to the wet blacktop - thinking it had rained. You do go all out for your photos!
Joan