Monday, October 11, 2010

Holly Blossoms


I was next door doing helping with the painting, and my neighbor mentioned how pretty the Holly blossoms were and how nice their aroma was. "Holly blossoms?" I asked. "Where?" All I saw from about 30 feet away were the green holly leaves. She said the blossoms were really small. As I got closer to investigate, I could smell this beautiful scent - kind of like a geranium, I think. Anyhow, I immediately went home and grabbed my Nikon with the Micro Nikkor closeup lens, and headed for the bushes. This is the result. And and I didn't even get stuck by the sharp points of the leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to check my Holly bushes today. I don't ever remember seeing flowers - only berry buds!
Joan

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! that is so cool!!! like Joan, I don't think I have ever noticed holly bushes with flowers, only berries..