Thursday, October 14, 2010

Driving at Night


I went out tonight with some of my telescopes to an old folks home. Wait! I am an "old folk!" Anyhow, the hope was to show them Jupiter and the Moon. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain all night. So instead I talked about some of my telescopes, and how I made one of them, and how I grind and polish telescope mirrors. I brought along some of my photographs of the moon, and comets and eclipses, and talked about a lot of astronomical topics. Some of the audience members fell asleep, of course, but there were others who were with me all the way and had some really interesting questions. I was so glad I agreed to do some outreach for our club. And then I had to drive home it the driving rain. I would have loved to have photographed some audience members, but I was speaking and couldn't do that. So I did my normal thing, and photographed while driving instead. Duh!

No comments: