Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hints of Fall


I am not absolutely sure what these annoying vines are - I think they may be "grape ivy." It is all over the place, and I am constantly chasing after it and ripping it out wherever I find it. This stuff will climb up a fence, and then balance itself on the fence and climb into the lower branches of trees, sometimes "jumping" up 18 inches to find a branch. An amazing, yet annoying nuisance. Anyhow, I looked out out the window of the stair landing, down at the tall hedge that marks the boundary of our property. I thought that this was quite beautiful - the delicacy of the color and of the vines. I also love the contrast between the red and green colors, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For such an annoying vine, you sure captured it's beautiful side.
It is lovely nestled in the green ground cover...