Sunday, October 3, 2010

Times Square


We went to the city today to see Sharon and Glenn, who we haven't seen in years, and who were visiting New York. So we met them and then walked through Times Square to find a restaurant for lunch. On the way back, we passed these two young women - they were not working together - each one of them had handbills for different area attractions. I was mainly interested in photographing the woman with the King Tut headdress. There is apparently an exhibit of artifacts relating to Tutankhamen at a new private exhibit space in Manhattan. So they have people wearing these headdresses handing out flyers. I actually walked past them, after briefly speaking to the women, and then a block down the street thought: "What am I thinking? That's a PHOTO!" So I walked back up the block to where they wer and asked to take their picture. I thought I would ask if I could photograph both of them, so that the woman with the headdress wouldn't feel uncomfortable. They readily agreed, and were good sports about it.

No comments: