Monday, September 27, 2010

Not Paying Attention


I like to think I pay attention, but some days... Some days, I just don't know. I was walking along the driveway and happened to look down where I saw this cloud of pink and red. "What?" I have been watching these plants since they first came up, and I photographed them a month or two ago and posted it on the blog. I had to ask for help back then, because I had no idea what kind of plant it was. I think it was Bunny who told me they are Sedum. But I just thought it was just a green plant. I couldn't believe how beautiful it is when the flowers bloomed! Totally unexpected, of course, but that's how little I know about gardens and flowers. I have no idea how long they have been there in bloom! I do love the multiple shades of green in the leaves below the blossoms.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I just picked some of this same plant from my neighbor's yard for an arrangement (with her permission of course) and she referred to is as spring in fall. I don't know if that's a real name, but it certainly is appropriate. I love the fall color tones of bronze, lush greens, yellows, reds and so on. This is the most lovely time of year on my I-95 commute from Mystic to Milford watching the trees explode in color. I love it and this close up. Lovely picture.

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Bunny: Thanks so much for your nice comments, and also for the additional information about Sedum. After all, I STILL wouldn't know the name of this, if it weren't for your comment when I did the first post. This really was such a lovely surprise to find this, and to find it full bloom.