Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just About Enough...


I saw this on the turnpike on the way back from Virginia. My first reaction was astonishment. They can't possibly ship coffee like this, can they? Then I kind of figured out that this was NOT a tanker truck filled with coffee - I thought it probably was carrying gasoline for the same company that sells the coffee. (I looked at the code in the red triangle at the lower right and 1203 is for gasoline.) But I did have a chuckle when I saw it - I was thinking: "It looks like just about enough coffee for a long drive home!"

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Is there a placard code for coffee?

Ken Spencer said...

Good Point! I think prolly not... :-)

Ken Spencer said...

My friend and astronomy mentor Sam, who doesn't post to blogs, sent me a private email this morning commenting on the photograph. The message was too good not to post, so here it is. It really made me smile:



"Indeed, the 1203 is the spoiler. I thought for a moment that you'd visualized heaven itself, rolling down the road...

I marvel at the resulting image in my head, with multiple people lined up, standing under the payload, eyes euphorically closed, drinking blissfully as if suckling from a giant spigot.



Oh! for the thought of it!



Better still- include the photo, small, on part of the ASLI web site on a page with the title "How to prepare for an astronomical observing session."