Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fruit Week!


It's a take off on "Shark Week" which I have never seen, but Craig Ferguson is always joking about that! Our neighbor stopped by the other day with four fresh figs. I have never eaten a fresh fig. It was incredibly delicious! The best part was that the tree they grew on was made from a cutting from Judy's grandfather! So this line of figs goes way back. After eating the figs, I realized that I should have sliced one in half and photographed it. I mentioned it to her, and the next day she brought two more over to our house! So here it is, sliced in half. What an amazing subject! And here is something else I found interesting - the appearance of this cross section of the fig, looks a great deal like a telescopic view of a sunspot seen on the face of the sun - an amazing coincidence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so strange and at the same time amazing. It looks to me like some kind of human internal organ. I can't say it is appetizing.

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, it does have a very weird quality to it, doesn't it. I was desperate for a post though... :-)