Saturday, November 20, 2010

American Fall


I have been really enjoying the colors of fall this year. Every time I turned around I saw another burst of color, and another photograph. Same thing this day. I was coming down the street and saw these red and yellow trees. So I grabbed the camera and looked from up the street, and then got closer, then backed away and went up on my front bank so I was looking down more. I tried a bunch of different angles, and finally chose this one. I was bugged by the bags of leaves, and wished they were not there. It is a new rule in town - you can't just rake the leaves into the gutter for pickup by village trucks. Now you have to bag them. So I guess I figured that this was a view of "real life" rather than a Norman Rockwell painting.

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I laughed at myself when I saw this photo! It's a beautiful fall scene on Laurel Avenue; however, if I had been panning my lens to find just the right composition I would have been struck by the distraction of the plastic bags. My dilemma would have been to either try a different angle or discretely remove the plastic bags before being caught looking like an idiot in front of a neighbor. I greatly admire your willingness to capture the unadulterated real deal!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny, I never saw the 'plastic bags' until mentioned. I only saw the brilliant fall colors and the American flag.

Anonymous said...

me too