Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Photographer's Office


We are in Massachusetts with family for Thanksgiving, so I drove over to the next town to see my long-time photographer friend Dick. We met in 1965 when we both worked for a newspaper in Rochester, NY. He was fresh out of the Army and I had just finished my active-duty time in the Air Force Reserve. We have been friends ever since. So I thought I would just visit for a bit, and ended up staying half the day. When we get together the conversation starts, and just goes on and on - such a rich experience. A couple of years ago he built a new office over his garage, and it is a beautiful workspace. I was taken by the view from his desk, and the late afternoon sun shining in the window. I love how this is brand-new, and yet feels old in some way.

No comments: