Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Shadow Lurks


I was down photographing by the water, and was loving the color of the rusted steel bulkhead in the late afternoon light. I happened to see my shadow on the rock, and then started goofing around with what my shadow looked like. So then I took this pose, and loved how it looked. I have no idea why I did this or what it means but it just made me laugh. So, the question is: "How did I shoot this?" Actually it was easy. It did take me a minute to figure it out. I used the self timer. Left the camera hanging around my neck, started the self timer, and turned my body until I thought the camera was pointing at the rock. Click!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever!

Bunny said...

Reminds me of my favorite childhood play, Peter Pan, chasing his shadow into Wendy's bedroom and not being able to catch it. -Bunny

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to let yourself do "weird" things and laugh!! Love the photo and story. bsk

Lorina said...

lol! i thought it' was taken on halloween day. what a life, just enjoying life...photographing, savoring each great visual truth! lorina