Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Quarter Moon and Cirrus


While riding my bike this afternoon I was looking for the moon to see where it was in the sky. I knew it was first quarter. I finally found it, while riding, when glancing over my shoulder and seeing it near some Cirrus clouds. I realized that it would make a really cool design. The clouds were moving rather quickly, and where I first saw it, there were high tension wires all around - there was no way to make a picture without the wires. So I kept pedaling and finally found a place that gave me a clear shot. I quickly jumped off the bike, grabbed my toy camera, and then waited for the hole in the Cirrus clouds to arrive over the moon. I only had chance for one frame when the moon was centered in the opening. About a minute after I took this, the orange sunlight disappeared, the clouds became a dull gray and the picture possibilities were gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling..I LOVE it when stuff like that happens for me....
FANTASTIC picture!!!!!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic appreciation of my lucky moment!