Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bethany's Berries


It was rainy and misty and there was some fog yesterday morning so I went outside to look around - always a great day for looking for photographs when it is an "atmospheric" day. I found these red and yellow berries only 15 feet from the front door, growing in and around an old split rail fence. I decided to use a telephoto lens so that the berries would be sharp, but the background would be out of focus. It was only when I was closely examining the image in the viewfinder that I was able to see that the berries are red, but that they have yellow coverings on them which have split, showing the berries underneath. Of course, since these are some kind of plant, I have no idea what they are, but they are so beautiful in the rain and the soft light.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

These are Bethany's Bittersweet Berries. An invasive but beautiful plant.

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Bunny! Thanks so much for this information! Funny that they are invasive, though. They are especially beautiful in the rain.