Thursday, November 11, 2010

Parts of a Flower


I really have no business photographing flowers, because I haven't a CLUE what they are or what their parts are called! Duh! These remains of flowers are in the little garden under the dining room window. I was attracted to the bright but fading yellow leaves. On closer inspection I saw these "buds" (which of course, are not buds at all. I think they may be called "sepals"). In any case, they are the leftovers from a complete flower blossom. And what really did it for me was to see that they are blue in color. They are also such an interesting shape. I started by photographing from further away, but the closer I got the more interesting the picture became. If anyone would like to let me know what kind of flower this is, I would be most appreciative. By the way, please click on this to see a larger image, and to see how interesting the flower parts are.

No comments: