Monday, November 8, 2010

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Rider


Truth be told, I am not a long-distance rider. I just liked the play on the title from the book of stories about running. I only do ten miles a day, but I try to ride most days of the week, and I do climb several hills along my route, really hammering it. I took this photograph yesterday, because it rained all day today. I actually SAW this photo the day before, but since I broke my rule about always bringing a camera, I was unable to TAKE the photo. So yesterday I brought the camera. This is the mile-long long hill I climb when I am nearly at the end of my ride, then I turn around and scream down the hill and am nearly home. I just loved the brilliant yellow light that made my shadow and lit up the leaves by the side of the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Photo! Only 10 miles a day! :-) You are great - I don't do any miles. Maybe when I retire!
Joan