Monday, July 4, 2011

Birthday Suit


This is my birthday suit. Well, not THAT birthday suit! I already had the bike shorts, but I got the matching jersey for my birthday. And so I went for a ride with my new jersey when we got home from the party in Connecticut. Here's the interesting thing - I ride 10 miles up and down the hills of Sea Cliff, at an average speed of 15 MPH. On the flat, I can do 21 MPH when I am really hammering. Pretty cool, huh? Well, no, actually. During one of the days of the Giro d'Italia, the riders rode for seven and a half hours nonstop, climbed and descended five mountains, AND did it at a average speed of 35 MPH! Yikes! There goes my chance for a berth as a domestique in the Tour de France!

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Are you able to take pictures while riding, like you do while driving?

Anonymous said...

Nice Birthday Suit. You stay young because of your riding.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Mike: Actually I have taken photographs while riding. Usually with my Canon S90, but once with my Nikon D300. That was *almost* dumb. Not for me, but for the camera!