Friday, July 1, 2011

Out My Window


This is the view out my window - the window of my bedroom at home, when I was growing up. And now it is where we stay when visiting. I woke this morning and looked out to see the early morning sunlight on this familiar scene. The street that goes off in the distance is Seaside Avenue, and it is the route I walked along to grammar school every day. It is the street that goes to the beach, which I rode with my bicycle. It is the street on which I returned to the house after my early morning paper route. I remember watching bright stars twinkle in the sky over the years, and I watched the moon arc across the sky from here. It was good to be back home.

4 comments:

Jess Li said...

What a cozy and friendly looking neighborhood. I love your blog Ken, it's so personal and casual - I can't wait for the new post to come up everyday!

Photodude Images said...

Seaside Avenue (you're route to school) doesn't appear to head uphill in both directions. This means you lied to your kids.

Bunny said...

There's no place like home! click, click, click!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful neighbors and between the beach and town is great. Good thing you went off to college so we could take over your room one by one. :-)
Joan