Friday, July 8, 2011

Seaside Avenue


So I have been struggling with this for a few days. I did this same photograph in the early morning, and posted it a week ago. The next night I happened to wake in the middle of the night, and looked out the window. It was a far more interesting photo, I thought. So I got my toy camera and shot the picture. But I had already posted this same scene. "I can't post two shots of the same thing," I thought. But I realized that this image is so much better. It is not really the same thing. You might be interested to know that I shot this in color, and because of the street lights, it has a very strange yellow color to it. So I knew immediately that I needed to convert the image to black and white. This has such a lovely quality to it now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This appears much more nostalgic, and even a little Alfred Hitchcock.