Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunlit Garden


I was on my way to the grocery store (molasses for the compost tea... :-) when this scene flashed by the rider's side window. I did that quick brain thing where I ask myself whether I think it is a "real" picture - that's just inertia at work - maybe telling myself that I don't have to actually stop. It took about 100 feet for the "Yes" to click in, and so I turned right a couple of times and came around the block. You will be pleased to know that I did get out of the car to shoot this. I just loved the late afternoon light highlighting parts of the garden, the birdhouses and the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Lighting - Warm & Inviting. Did not notice bird houses until you mentioned it....but you do have the eye!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Joan: I think they jumped out at me because the sunlight was on them, but not on the dark bushed behind them.