Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Galaxy of Raindrops


It was raining out when I left the house for my walk yesterday. The first thing I saw was the famous Japanese maple tree, with raindrops clinging to all the branches. I was going to ignore the scene, because I have photographed individual drops on the branches before. But I decided to look around for a bit and saw this view. There were so many drops in this one image, it felt as if I was looking at a galaxy of stars. The trick was to move around until the the background was as dark as possible, and then the drops really became more obvious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. You have a wonderful eye!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I agree Joan! You take an otherwise drab day and find the 'sparkle' in it.

Paxbob said...

Great shot, Ken. I also liked the wedding photographers shot, but not their behavior.

Pax,
Bob

Fred Krellenstein said...

Just such a beautiful picture, Ken...felt compelled to comment!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty image- really brightens the.day for Sam.