Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Guess What...


Can you guess what this is, without reading further? You can click on it, and it will open in a larger window - I have posted a larger image which might help you to figure out what this is. Please try looking, before you continue reading.
So I was in Huntington, waiting to cross a busy street at the busiest intersection in town. I pushed the button for the walk light, and then waited about a minute for the light to change. While I was looking around, I saw this about a foot in front of my nose! At first I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I looked again. Wow! It is a utility pole, with about a billion staples in it! Whaaaat? Then I realized, that this has to be the most popular place to staple a poster in the whole town. Now there are no posters, but the staples remain. I mean, it is unbelievable how many staples there are here. Did you figure it out?

8 comments:

Photodude Images said...

You wait for the "Walk" light? I always thought NYers are born with a jaywalking gene.

Anonymous said...

I have a utility pole across from me that is used for tag sale signs so I guessed right away. Not quite as many staples. It is supposed to be illegal! :-)
Joan

ken schwarz said...

As soon as I clicked on the photo for a larger image, I knew it was a utility pole. Great the detail!

Ken Spencer said...

I was born in Connecticut. We are law abiding citizens.

Anonymous said...

I did guess right away :-)bsk

Photodude Images said...

Did people from Connecticut have to come through Ellis Island?

Anonymous said...

Stay tuned for part 2- Sam has some good "Fun With a Superconduxting Magnet."

Ken Spencer said...

Photodude! Made me laugh out loud! Nice Going. VERY funny!