Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Pedestrian


Funny that I would call this "The Pedestrian" because this photograph is not about the person walking. It is about everything else in the picture, and the division of space within the frame. I was out walking in the rain and went to the harbor. Coming down the hill I first spotted this landscape - it was the light pole that first got my attention. So I framed the picture and then suddenly wished there was someone walking along, which would serve as a point of interest. I took a picture, and then continued down the hill. I happened to look back along the boardwalk and here comes someone walking along! Yikes! I couldn't run back up the hill for my original composition, but I took this from a different vantage point with a different light pole. Wow, lucky me!

No comments: