Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Great Flood of 2012


Actually not really. But it was raining cats and dogs early this morning and the wind was blowing something fierce. I was going to go to the city to see some exhibits at MoMA, but I decided not to go. I checked the tides, and at noon when it was high tide, I walked down to the water. The wind had ceased an hour or so before this, so there were no great waves. The only thing I saw was this puddle, because sea water was splashing over the sea wall and into the street, causing this flooding. Some kid in an SUV came down the street and aimed for the puddle and made this huge tidal wave, and I had my hands in my pockets! Oh man, never saw it coming. So then I stood there hoping someone else would drive through the puddle. This was the best I could do.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Have you thought about a career in advertising? This photo would look great on the front cover of a Jeep brochure!

Anonymous said...

Sam reminds you that when it's raining cats and dogs you need to take care not to step in a poodle. the photographer shutters to think what might happen... .