Thursday, May 31, 2012

Venus Over the Pueblo

I am in the home stretch, as far as Chaco photographs go. Almost at the end. This is the planet Venus setting in the west after the end of the Annular Solar Eclipse. And it is setting over the Pueblo. I was taken by the space in the masonry and how it would make an interesting compositional element. So I walked back and forth until Venus was positioned just above the opening. So now it looks like some amazing "alignment" between the architecture and the heavens. Only its not - it's just me moving around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! bsk

Anonymous said...

Only you have the patience and the eye to think of this and having it in alignment. Great photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is singularly gorgeous- one of your two or three absolute best images you made that Sam has ever enjoyed. Even better than your "Mondrian" out the window of the Manhattan building... .

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sam...stunning for sure!