Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Communion Dress

In church today there was this young girl in her Communion Dress with her mom, in the pew just in front of me. Behind me was another young girl, also in her Communion dress. These young girls were the cutest things in the church. So here was my dilemma... I could photograph this girl from behind, and she wouldn't be able to be identified. The girl behind me, however would be able to be identified, AND she and her parents would know that she was being photographed. I considered speaking to the mom and dad and telling them that I often take photographs for the pastor, but then decided against it. I guess if I had been working, it would have been worth it. But today, I thought that I wouldn't upset anyone by asking them to have to make a decision on whether or not they wanted me to take their daughter's picture. So you only get to see this picture.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Very smart of you, Ken.