Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Heading Into Battle

The Metropolitan Museum of Art really is astounding! I usually go there to see special exhibitions of photography, and painting, and the sculptures on the roof. I have been there so many times, that it is ridiculous that I never knew these two things: 1)There is an entire Frank Lloyd Wright room that has been moved into the museum, and 2) there is a whole room with a collection of metal armour, the type used in combat. Probably the most recognised style of armour in the World became the plate armour associated with the knights of the European Late Middle Ages, but continuing to the early 17th century Age of Enlightenment in all European countries. I started just looking at one or two suits of armor, but then got really caught up in studying it. But what blew me away was when I saw these three soldiers in full suits of armor, riding three horses with their own armor. I mean, this is unbelievable to see. It was just stunning.

No comments: