Thursday, March 7, 2013

An Amazing Start to my Day


I had an amazing start to my day here at the Northern Short Course.  This post is not about a photograph, obviously, but is about the story.  This is the book I am reading - you saw a photo of it in sunlight with my glasses on it.  So I was eating breakfast in the hotel dining room this morning.  I happened to notice an airline captain (four stripes on his epaulets) and he was finishing his breakfast at the same time I was.  So I took a chance and went over to his table and asked if he had ever read this book.  He said he hadn't.  So I told him that it was about the start of commercial aviation in the United States back in the early 1940's, and that if he were to read it, he would have white knuckles!  So he thanked me, and then I stood there and talked to him for about 20 minutes, and we both had flying stories to tell, and I learned how he got his start in the U.S Force, before coming to the airlines.  It was such a wonderful conversation and a really nice start to my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next book is "The High and the Mighty."

Sam.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I'll have to see if my local library has this book 'cause I love the comment about "white knuckles"...bsk