Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vince Reading the Sunday Newspaper



I was finishing up breakfast at the dining table, when I looked over at Vince and saw him reading the Sunday paper.  He was engrossed in his reading, and I realized that there was wonderful light on his face - from the side, and the subtle shadows on the front of the face were perfect.  Where is my camera?  Across the room, on the chest of drawers.  I didn't want to ruin the moment, so then I thought of my cellphone in my pocket.  I got it out, switched to Hipstamatic, and made this one frame.  It seems perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A truly nice portrait, though I don't know what the Hipstamatic app added to it. The lighting, the "character," and the eye of the photographer make the whole shot.

Sam

Chuck said...

Quick thinking, Ken. See, that cell phone is good for lots of things besides making phone calls.