Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lines


I saw this the other day during one of my afternoon walks.  The scene is right next to the old power plant.  I am not sure what I saw first - perhaps the gently curving line of the oil boom in the water.  But I liked the way that line paralleled the shoreline.  Then I noticed the short vertical line of the high tension tower.  Then I saw the faint lines of the high voltage wires against the gray sky with the bright glow of the sun.  I thought it made a picture.  I dunno, what do you think? You will have to click on it to make it larger to see more details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I noticed the wonderful silvery light. Then, your explanation and a magnified view. What an eye you have!

What a sense of design- I'd have dismissed the idea of taking the shot because yhe scene was spoiled by lines. Noe, you show how the lines actually make that image!

Sam

Ken Spencer said...

Interesting comment. I think that perhaps it was the silvery light that first attracted me. I forgot about that part... :-(