Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Museum


There is a new exhibition at the Nassau County Museum of Art. While wandering through the various galleries, I saw this.  I was looking at the painting on the foreground wall, and then noticed the light coming through the door from the previous gallery.  I like that I can see another painting and the window as well.   I really like the sense of depth from this - layers and layers of depth.  But it is really about the light.  The exhibit, by the was is a re-examination of abstract expressionism.  I spent a lot of time examining the paintings in the exhibit because this style of painting doesn't touch me as easily as other more representative styles.  There were some amazing paintings, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A classic Ken Spencer shot. I remember all of the photos you took of homes for the old Newsday Magazine. Each house had wonderful natural light streaming in through windows, casting a wonderful glow over the rest of the rooms and making me wish I could spend an afternon taking in the tranquil feeling of those pictures. That was a very long time ago, but the master's touch is still there, catching the light in less obvious places.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Funny how I work intuitively, and never think much about what other people see in my photographs.