Friday, July 25, 2014

The Collector


This is Chris, and I met him last year when he and his wife were filling in for the owners of the B&B I was staying in.  You might remember that I did a portrait of him by windowlight.  He is a collector and buyer and seller of old cameras.  I mentioned I had an old camera that I didn't want and he said he was interested, so this year when I came to Vermont, I brought it with me.  I stopped by his house today to bring him the camera, and I got to see all of his collection.  It was amazing - I watched my life flash before me as I spotted so many of the types of camera that I used for both work and play.  He is an amazing guy, and we had a really nice visit.  He looked up the value of my camera, and so I thought it would make a nice portrait of him with his cameras in the background, and holding the pricing guide for old cameras.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you were able to reconnect, have a chat with him and discuss cameras. Must have been fun to check out a lot of "old" cameras. bsk