Monday, July 28, 2014

What Just Happened Here?


What just happened here?  Nothing.  Let me explain.  This is the natural outdoor amphitheater where the keynote talk is held on Saturday night at the Stellafane Convention.  Everyone sits in the dark, under the skies, and there is a screen where the speaker shows slides as part of the talk.  I decided to try a long exposure and see if I could record anything at all.  So I put the camera on my knee to steady it, and pressed the shutter release.  I was amazed that I was able to capture so much detail.  You can see stars in the sky, which shows how dark it was.  The scene was illuminated by the light reflecting from the projection screen.  So here's the amazing part - I was looking through the pictures, and noticed both of these people with their mouths open.  That's because they were both yawning!  But it sure looks like something else, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they were scared out of their wits!! bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, it is so strange looking, isn't it? And so funny!