Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Photographer


This my friend Larry who I haven't seen in at least twenty years.  We go way back.  He was a photographer at Newsday who had come and gone before I got there, but I knew of him.  He was also an amateur radio operator, as I was, and we used to join a group of friends from around the northeast for a Saturday morning group chat on the airwaves, starting around 1979.  He has lived in Florida for a long time now. I received an email saying he would be in the New York Metro area, and today he stopped by.  Wow, it was non-stop talking all afternoon!  He has a great sense of humor as you can see - he is holding up a miniature wireless camera in front of his eye.  Yup he is definitely still a photographer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you both could spend time together catching up :-) bsk