Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Lure of Black & White - 1


Over on Facebook two people asked if I could continue to post some more of my black & white images, now that the Black & White Challenge is over.  A landslide vote!  OK, so I will post another week's worth of some of my old B&W photographs.  I had always wanted to own a Hasselblad, but they were pretty expensive.  In 1980 I finally bought a used one and began looking for square pictures.  The 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 black & white negatives are four times the area of a 35mm frame.  The fine detail that is visible in the finished prints is astounding in comparison.  So this is a photograph of a corner of my grandfather's barn, in Guilford, Connecticut. The photograph is about the beauty of the textures of the weathered wood and stone.  It may be a more subtle photograph than some of my other landscapes.  I would love to know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognized the barn right away. I love the stone foundation underneath. Keep the black & white photos coming. I'm enjoying them as a series. bsk