Monday, August 3, 2015

A More Complete View



You are all probably bored silly with the construction photographs, so this will be the last post about all this for a while.  What you get to see here for the first time, is a sense of what the addition looks like from a couple of angles.  The view from the rear is a bit deceiving in terms of scale, because I was using an extreme wide angle lens to take it all in, but it makes the addition look almost the same size as the house.  But you get a better sense of what this will look like when it is done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are moving right along. I enjoy seeing the progress updates but I am glad I am not walking the gang plank to get into your new addiction! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Ken, any idea how much more in taxes you'll have to pay for the addition? Curious to know how much cheaper Sea Cliff is than the rest of Long Island. And what's the overall size of the addition? Do they charge more for the bathroom?

Ken Spencer said...

Good questions about the assessment and how it will change our taxes. I have no idea how it will change things. I am guessing our taxes will go up... :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! I can't believe how much it looks like it's coming along. (Though it always seems faster to the people who don't have to listen to all the banging!) I love the little roof/overhang where the door will go. It looks like the design will really match the house well. For the record, my vote is that you don't have to hold off on these posts, it's fun to see it advancing. - Amy

Ken Spencer said...

I was surprised when the architect showed up with the plans the first time. I was thinking that the addition would be kind of a slab-sided extension, and I was thrilled to see the little portico, or whatever it is called, with the two columns. Makes the extension kind of elegant looking.