Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ink at Dunkin Donuts


Tuesday morning is our Dunkin' Donuts ritual, every week.  I always have my toy camera with me, of course.  So I was standing behind this man in line, and I was looking at his tattoo for at least a minute before it occurred to me that this was a picture!  Fortunately the line was slow, so I had time to get my my camera out and do two exposures.  I think that this picture is as much about the design of the elements within the frame - the shape of the man shoulders and head - as much as it is about the tattoo. 

2 comments:

Dean said...

Ken-
Not a fan of tattoos, but man are there a lot of bad examples out there... But like a train wreck, I just can't turn away. My sister just about had a heart attack when Melinda told me to "show her your tattoo" not long ago. After enjoying her shocked reaction, I told the story of the colonoscopy and how the doc left a mark where he removed a polyp... Just sayin'. -Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Dean: The thing that keeps going through my head is how long it took me to realize that I was looking at a photograph, while standing in line behind this man. Duh! I did think that it was a really nice tattoo. He did, however, have both arms covered in ink, and I am not as fond of that much ink.