Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fun With Explosives


I guess I will get a comment or two on this one...  I am throwing out stuff from the basement, and came across 3 cans of smokeless gun powder.  I bought these back in 1965 and used the various powders to reload shotshells, rifle shells, and target rounds for handguns.  I haven't done any reloading in 40 years at least so it was time for these cans and their contents to go.  But, of course, I can't just toss them in the garbage.  So I decided to try burning the powder, by pouring some out in a line on a board.  Since it is not contained at all, it won't explode - it just burns rapidly.  So I got rid of most of the gunpowder this way and it was only when most of it was gone that I suddenly thought: "Wait, I should photograph this!"  So I had enough power for two tries, and this is the best shot.  I really like this, because if you hadn't read my explanation, you might have no idea what this is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you research burning gun powder? A little scary for me.
Joan