Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Airplanes, airplanes, airplanes!



While traveling to Vermont to the telescope maker's conference, I decided to stop and visit the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.  The museum has a spectacular collection of aircraft, most of which are indoors in hangars.  Those airplanes are tough to photograph because there are so many of them so close together.  So the top photograph is the view you see when you enter the museum lobby, where you can see all these airplane models hanging from the ceiling.  It is a stunning sight.  And the lead aircraft is a B-25 Mitchell, in case you were curious.  There a few airplanes on display outdoors, many the worse for wear.  I photographed this Grumman Tracer, because it was made on Long Island many years ago, and it has seen better days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was just looking at an ad for the Air Museum since it's so close to me. Wish I'd known you were going to be passing through - I would have gone... bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Oh, that's a shame... :-( It would never have occurred to me that you would enjoy seeing the museum with me. I am sorry I didn't think to call...