Sunday, August 16, 2015

Vermont Leftovers - One


It is always much easier to find interesting photographs when I am out of town.  After I photographed the picture of the house and fenceposts in the fog the other day, I left my room and went looking outside to see what else I could find.  These are three other stone fence posts on the lawn across the street.  They are so much more dramatic, seen in the early morning light, and I really love the hints we can see of the garden in the shadows behind the posts.  For some reason, I really love this photograph.  I did wonder how the wooden rails of the fence were fastened to the stone posts.  If you click on this photograph so it can be seen larger, you can see something that looks like nails sticking out of the stone, on the sunlit side.  One more mystery solved!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and a lovely photo. Did you photograph the B&B you stayed in? I love the surrounding grounds.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I did take a picture of the house, and I will email it to you. It is an OK shot, but not good enough for a blot post.

Anonymous said...

I really like these stone fence posts but it's the pretty colors of the flowers in the background that enhances it. Saved as my new "desktop". bsk