Friday, March 18, 2016

Jonquils on a Gray Day


This is a "deck shot."  That means the camera was on the deck, or the ground.  A very easy thing to do, by the way, with my little SONY RX100 II camera.  The new camera has an articulating LCD screen on the back that can be tilted flat so that I can look down at the top of the camera and see what the lens is seeing.  Very cool.  Oh, about the "Jonquils."  I was on a fashion shoot years ago at Old Westbury Gardens with Edie Smith, my all time favorite fashion producer and writer.  She suggested I put one of the models "over by the Jonquils."  "Jonquils?" I asked.  "Where are they?"  She pointed over at the Daffodils!  Every time I see Daffodils, I think of Jonquils and think of Edie, which recalls so many wonderful projects that we worked on together.

3 comments:

Dean said...

Hi Ken-

Looks like you've got Daffodils there! The main difference is generally daffodils have flat leaves and a single flower per stalk. Jonquils have tubular reed-like leaves and several flowers per stalk. At least, that's what I've gathered from my reading...
-Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Oh man, you are a Master of the Universe! I can't sneak a thing by you. Ever... Thanks for the correction. I was raised at a newspaper, and so accuracy is of the most importance.

Anonymous said...

I had to look up the difference between jonquils and daffodils! I just like the sunny spring-like photo of the bright flowers :-) bsk