Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Portsmouth Terrace


I was at the George Eastman Museum yesterday, which is located on Park Avenue in Rochester - the premier address in the city.  When I left I drove around the block and just took a random street to get back to Park Avenue.  The street was Portsmouth Terrace and I spotted the tile roof of this house from several houses away.  This is a stunning roof, with all the gables, and terra cotta tiles everywhere - not only on the roof, but on the siding of the house as well.  It was stunning to see, even though it needs a bit of maintenance.  I have never seen anything like this before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful architecture and stone work.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Joan. It is a bit sad to see that there needs to be some work done on this building.