Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunspots on the Sun!


I have been testing my telescopes, my telescope mount, and my cameras in preparation of the eclipse.  I will be going to a college marine research station with another member of our club, where we will be setting up four telescopes to show visitors the partial solar eclipse.  Someone called from the paper, and wants me to shoot the eclipse for them as well!  I am going to be a busy bee.  We are expecting more than 200 visitors for the four hour event.  What surprised me when I was shooting the sun, was that the sun has been nearly blank for nearly a month now. and all of a sudden there are a whole bunch of spots that developed over several days.  I count about eight spots in this image!  I wonder how many will be left for the eclipse tomorrow.



3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Wishing you best of luck with the eclipse event!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to enjoy this event. I was surprised you had not headed West.
Joan

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.